The Caregiver Coach and Peer Support Program is possible through funding made available by New Horizons for Seniors. We are in the development stage and need your help. This program recruits, trains, and matches volunteer coaches to be of emotional and practical support to caregivers in our community. We are currently seeking focus group participants and Advisory Committee members to offer insight, wisdom, and expertise to help shape the program in the initial planning stages. If you are interested, please contact:
See the Job Descriptions below for more details.
- Caregiver Coach Advisory Committee Member
- Caregiver Coach Focus Group Participant
- Caregiver Coach
Monthly Caregiver Network Meetings will be held via Zoom until the office re-opens continuing the regular schedule including the first Tuesday evening and second Wednesday morning of the month. You can access one-on-one supports via phone or zoom by reaching out to the email address below. Workshops are being rescheduled to take place online. Please be sure to have your name added to our mailing list so you can receive regular updates.
Messages may be left at 604.982.3320
Being attentive to a loved one's physical, emotional, and practical needs takes courage, patience, and endurance. You will most likely learn a lot about yourself, about how to access healthcare supports, and about relating to your care partner as their needs change. We believe that each one of you brings unique strengths and skills to being a caregiver.
The answer is yes if you provide practical or emotional assistance to a
family member or friend who is living with some kind of health condition,
memory loss or cognitive impairment. This includes loved ones who are quite
healthy, while also experiencing the challenges associated with aging.
A few of the situations caregivers are dealing with: Parkinsons, dementia,
memory loss, stroke, cancer, mobility limitations, Huntingtons,
isolation, loneliness, transitions to long-term care and accessing home
by calling 604-985-7138, or email the registration form to: email@example.com
- Coordination of care: transportation to appointments, arranging services, visiting
- Support: phone check-in, supervision, emotional support
- Personal care: dressing, bathing, eating
- Household work: house cleaning, shopping, running errands, preparing meals, yard work
Registration is free and your information will remain confidential.
: Receive our bi-monthly newsletter with relevant articles, and information on upcoming events.
You are not alone. We're here to help you gain knowledge, strength, and inspiration.
“I now see how gifts like courage, compassion, and connection only work when they are exercised. Every day.”
― Brene Brown
People’s experiences in our Groups: Feeling connected, gaining new insight, knowing they're not alone, feeling listened to and appreciated.
“It’s so good to be with people who understand and care”.
with people who understand your experiences.
strategies to feel calmer and stay healthy.
about local services that can assist you and your loved one.
- Monthly Caregiver support groups and relevant workshops
- Stress management strategies and relaxation techniques
- Telephone support and one-to-one consultations
- Bi-monthly Newsletter with informative articles
- Easy-to-read Blog posts and FaceBook updates
- Referrals to health care and community services
- Resource Library with books, videos, and articles
The NSCR Caregiver Support Program is located at:
For staff contact info, please click here.